Peer learning is basically a collaborative environment within any organization where peers support each other to learn processes.
Peers can be your own colleague, reporting managers/ functional heads/ senior executives at an organizational level, having distinct knowledge & experience.
Advantage of Peer Learning Program
- Easy to implement
- Cost-effective as no additional resource required
- Mentor & Learner both learn during this process
- Cross functions are aligned
- Coordinated approach develops among the team members, later helps to improve productivity
Peer Learning Program- Important Steps
- Well-defined Peer Learning Program
- Identifying Peers/ Mentors
- Skill up-gradation support for the Peers / Mentors
- Peers Learning Calendar
- Rewards & Motivation Programs for Peers
- Effective Monitoring of the Program
How to Kick-Start Peer Learning Program
- Mentoring: Effective mentoring builds strong relationships within the organization, both mentor & learner re-inforces their knowledge in the process
- Formal Training Sessions: Identify & Encourage PEERS who can devote time to share their experience – basically challenges & probable solutions.
- Informally: Invite a group of people over a cup of tea/ lunch, encourage them to share their thoughts on any prevailing system/ business issue.
Let’s learn & win together by holding each others hand.